1) Graduation. In three days, I’m receiving my Bachelor’s degree in Health Sciences with a concentration in Health Care Management. These past four years flew by way too fast, and dorming on campus has transformed me into a completely different person. Not only did I meet so many different and wonderful people, but it also taught me so much about life and the world that I never would have learned otherwise. Words can’t express how grateful I am to have taken this opportunity to grow. Goodbye, Stony Brook University. <3
2) Work. As I mentioned in a previous post, I was hired for the job that I got interviewed for a few weeks ago! :D I literally feel like all the stress and anxiety that I’ve been feeling since last semester just melted away overnight. I’m going to be working as a Medical Records Coordinator for the Medical Consultants Network. Although it’s only an entry-level position, I’m incredibly excited to start next week. I also feel like the experience that I would gain with health insurance records and billing would be valuable to my future career prospects.
3) NYC Nightlife. It’s no secret – I love to eat, drink, and dance. Now that the majority of my friends are 21+, I’m looking forward to visiting new bars, restaurants, and clubs in the city. I’ve even started a list of places I’d like to go! :D You can find them under the “Take Me Out” tab above my blog header. Since I’ll finally have a disposable income, be sure to make plans with me! ;)
4) Bear Blasting. This summer, my closest friends and I were thinking about taking a weekend camping trip upstate. Although I’m not the most “outdoorsy” kind of girl, what makes a quick vacation enjoyable are the people you spend it with. Besides, how can you go wrong with s’mores and a bonfire? :P
5) The Bahamas. This July, I’m going on a cruise to the Caribbean with my family and extended family – perhaps the last vacation we can spend together in a really long time. I plan to come back with wonderful, toasted tan. :)
6) Beaches. ALL SUMMER LONG. Okay, that may be an exaggeration. But I do need to make up for last year, when I only had the privilege of having sand and the ocean surf between my toes once. This will also be the first time ever that I’ll be sporting a bikini. >.<; I just need to let go of all my insecurities and be more confident with my body shape. Much dieting is necessary beforehand, though!
7) The Dark Knight Rises. Christian Bale, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, and Bruce Wayne are three of my favorite men. Put them all in the same movie, and I transform into a fangirl. Despite watching The Avengers last weekend and thinking it was a great action film, there’s just something so dark about the Batman series that makes my anticipation for it ten times greater.
8) Diablo III. Today was the official launch date for a game that I’ve been waiting ten years to play. Unfortunately, the servers have been down for emergency maintenance. Which is actually how I found the time to write this post. Otherwise, I would be on it all day. I know many of my non-gamer friends would shake their head at my decision to drop $60 so easily, but they would never understand. If anything, my boyfriend will have some competition this summer in terms of where I’ll be spending my free time. :P (Just kidding.)